Featured Post

Forever Valentine

_______________________ ‘Hang on, Sanchi’ their hands were clasped tightly. His acrophobia didn’t let him open his eyes, but the fear...

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Prodigy:


_______________________

The audience couldn’t stop cheering, their round of applause continued for more than ten minutes. She was the singing sensation that left the judges stunned, they haven’t came across with such talent in years.

‘Shrini, WOW! You sang amazingly awesome. Baby, I cannot believe, you are just eight. I am so thrilled that you can feel my goosebumps.’ One of the judges said.

‘Thank you mam!’ Shrini had a smile on her face.

‘Kid, note me, you are gonna win the finals tomorrow.’ The other judge announced; audience cheered the child prodigy.

Later:

‘Okay Shrini, we have the finals tomorrow and you got to win that trophy. Now keep on practicing.‘

‘I won't, you don’t let me eat anything. I am sick of the salads, please mama, let me have that pizza.’ She licked her lips while looking at it.

‘And risk your voice, no way.’ She continued munching the pizza, ‘Now listen to me carefully, you will not get anything until you win. And don’t dare to lose, else we will send you to the hostel. You don’t want that, do you?’ She looked straight into her eyes.

‘No mama no, ‘ she tried her best to stop the tears, ‘I won’t sleep and will practice more. I just wanna stay with you, please don’t send me to the hostel.’ She gripped her mother’s hand.

‘That’s like my angel. Now, practice!’



All she wanted was her parents' love; that was lost in greed.

[Visit www.srirom.in for more, and the book]

No comments:

Post a Comment