Featured Post

Forever Valentine

_______________________ ‘Hang on, Sanchi’ their hands were clasped tightly. His acrophobia didn’t let him open his eyes, but the fear...

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Bandhan:


_____________________________________


‘Okay children! Remember, tomorrow is raakhi, so holiday. Enjoy with your siblings, and be good.’ Said the teacher, with the school bells ringing.

Children ran towards the school gate. The premises was resonant with their hurrahs.

Rahul and Meera sat on the backseat of their car, chirping about the event.

‘Rahul, mamma also told me about raakhi. She says you will present me a gift, when I will tie the raakhi on your hand. What will you gift me bhai?’ She grinned.

‘How am I supposed to know, I am just nine.’ He answered naively, wiping his nose. The kid had some charm, which enhanced with the nose-wiping.

‘Mamma told, that you will gift me a doll-house. She says it’s special.’ Her eyes twinkled.

There was mischief playing in Rahul’s mind, ‘I am sorry sis, but dad said there won’t be any gift for you. You already have plenty of toys. Though, I am getting the hot-wheels new collection.’ He smiled shrewdly looking at her dimming face.

Next Day:

‘Okay Meera, now tie this raakhi to your brother’s hand.’ Her mother held her hand to guide her.

‘Smiiiiile, you’re on camera.’ Their father said, snapping his fingers, ‘come on Meera, smile baby doll.’

Meera tied the raakhi and gave a faded smile, ‘I am going to bathroom.’

Mother then alluded to Rahul, he dashed to the parent’s room. Meera came back from the bathroom, sluggishly.

‘SURPRISE!’ screamed all.

Meera astoundingly looked at Rahul, standing with a big size object, gift-wrapped. As he unraveled it, Meera's face brightened manifolds.

She cackled looking at the giant dollhouse and gave a tight hug to his brother, 'Happy Raakhi, bhai.'

{Image: incidentii.wordpress}



{Visit www.srirom.in for more}

No comments:

Post a Comment