Featured Post

Forever Valentine

_______________________ ‘Hang on, Sanchi’ their hands were clasped tightly. His acrophobia didn’t let him open his eyes, but the fear...

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Stolen:


________________________________

Venessa drove haphazardly towards her home, the moment her neighbor notified some noises to her.

She parked the car and dashed straight to the back-door, ‘What if the thief is still there, what if he’s carrying a weapon, why aren’t the cops here yet?’ She wondered, catching her breath.

She tried to sense any chirm or stir, placing her ear on the door; nothing, it was all mute. Slowly, she rolled the door knob and stepped in. It was all a mess; yes, the house was burgled.

But to her astonishment, nothing was stolen; the cash, jewelry, all intact. It was then her gaze fell into the frame placed on the dressing table. Her picture was replaced with a note.

“My apologies for all this, rest assure, the only thing’s taken, is your picture. With the very first look, I was enchanted and hence, couldn’t dare to take anything else. Now, I want to make myself worthy, for you. And your photo will inspire me towards good.

Next time, I won’t come in hiding;
Next time, I won’t come for money;
Next time, I will come for love, for you.”


Image:ShutterStock

She looked at the mirror, realizing how much, the letter has turned her face, red.

[Visit my site www.srirom.in to explore much more]

No comments:

Post a Comment