Featured Post

Forever Valentine

_______________________ ‘Hang on, Sanchi’ their hands were clasped tightly. His acrophobia didn’t let him open his eyes, but the fear...

Saturday, April 1, 2017

The Gift:


______________________

He sneaked inside the room, cautiously. Before he could relax, the lights switched on, illuminating the whole room, except her. She was literally hot under the collar.

‘Err, sweetie!’ He perspired.

‘Don’t come any near. It’s 1 a.m. and now you’ve got time for me. Have you forgotten today’s occasion?’

‘No no honey. I swear, it was on my reminder’ showing his phone’s calendar, ‘See!’ He made a grinning effort.

‘No excuses will be accepted. I am very upset, you may now leave, to wherever.’ She turned away.

He came closer, on his knees, ‘Princess! You know? I drove the whole day, for this.’ He took out an object from his blazer, ‘Now tell me, how I could have arrived without it?’

Her face gleamed, as she hold the box, ‘PAPA! You remembered?’



The joy on her face, multiplied as she unraveled her gift.

[Visit srirom.in for more literary wonders]

No comments:

Post a Comment